Thursday, January 14, 2010

I am Building a Cathedral


Its freezing cold here in the capital and with two socks on my feet and all the fat that I have accumulated around me in all these blessed and prosperous years is proving of no use. I wish this layer of protection protected me from something at least.... ;)

So this pun was intended on me, for a rather gloomy non productive and extremely cold day. Wanted to feel a bit better about not doing anything but being able to post an entry at least....first one in this happy new year!!...

I took a big decision, had been contemplating it for two years but I thought it was the right time or maybe I got the right feeling about it now. I met someone successful this new year, someone who had toiled hard made things happen for himself, remained focused and honest to earn a comfortable status in life.... trust me I wouldnt even flock around The Leela Kempinski for one evening knowing I cant afford that place but he made it comfortable for himself for two days without dismay. Thats besides the point im trying to make. Like they say each person who comes in your life teaches you something, something that can make you a better person, something that can reveal a new person inside you or enlighten you towards life.... like a piece in a puzzle.... this meeting did that.

The most amazing part was that all these achievements in my protagonist's life did not bring in as much accomplishment as I had imagined it would bring to someone. I was amazed... to the fact that all these years I could not understand this one small thing which this two day meeting taught me....accomplishment is'nt always what the facade is.... its about what doesnt show most often. Like a friend says who's father teaches maths to students.... that my father goes to sleep smilling after he finishes with his tutions each evening. Like my mother who prouds herself with her students who formed the early days of their lives under the careful guidance of her primary school, which becomes their alma matar for life. Like those, many trainees who call me even now to thank me for the help I had provided them in times of distress and confusion... people whos names or faces I don't recognise. And many others who may mention me in their conversations with friends or family... again people I sometimes think, I may have met at the airport during transit for the numerous training sessions. Is'nt accomplishment different from what it actually looks like.....

Like I was reminded of this.... "a man travels the whole world in search of what he needs... and returns home to find it"... thats my true story! and to my story's protagonist...thanks for the last kick I needed to put myself on the right track... u did kick my bum after all!!!!!....

1 comment:

P KB said...

Hey Baby!!1 Just saw the post and truly know to who all it's directed!! Am glad you are still posting!!1 Keep writing its always a pleasure!!!